The I-9 Employment Eligibility Form reports a new employee’s eligibility to work in the United States and his or her Social Security number. The government created the E-Verify program to electronically verify the information on an I-9 form. Verified Credentials is a certified “Designated Agent” for the E-Verify program and can offer its clients access to their enhanced Electronic I-9 Verification process.
As a part of E-Verify process, employment eligibility of new hires is verified through Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration databases.
Electronic I-9 Verification can help you:
- Fulfill federal contractor and sub-contractor requirements
- Validate proof of citizenship presented with the Form I-9
- Consolidate and archive pre-employment and new employee information online
- Electronic I-9 Verification form is auto-populated with pre-hire screening information
- Digital storage of E-Verify results and copies of Form I-9s
- Automated email notices for required actions
- Capabilities to easily search Electronic I-9 Verifications in the case of an audit
- Real-time status updates from E-Verify
Information verified may include:
- Social Security number
- Work visa authorization
- Immigration “A” number
- I-94 arrival and departure numbers
Rules and regulations:
When you decide to participate in E-Verify and conduct Electronic I-9 Verifications, you must conduct verifications on all new employees with no exceptions. Every employee must complete the Form I-9 and Electronic I-9 Verification process within 3 government business days of the hire date.
Other requirements may apply to Federal contractors and sub-contractors. Contact us for more information about E-Verify regulations that may apply to your company.
Verification turnaround time: Same day
Ready to save your company time and money with E-Verify? Get Started ›