A FACIS® (Fraud and Abuse Control Information System) search identifies any wrong actions of individuals and entities in the health care field.
FACIS® is a registered trademark of Verisys Corporation.
This includes information on disciplinary actions ranging from exclusions and debarments to letters of reprimand and probation. Our FACIS® search offers three options, ranging from the minimum federal requirements to a search inclusive of more than 800 sources in 50 states.
Choose the level that best fits the needs of your facility:
- LEVEL 1: We search the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) and other federal sources. This search meets the government’s minimum requirements as outlined in the OIG’s Compliance Program Guidance.
- LEVEL 2: We search OIG/GSA and other federal sources, in addition to sources from an individual state of your choice. This search meets the minimum federal requirements and provides limited state-licensure protection.
- LEVEL 3: We search OIG/GSA and other federal sources, in addition to over 800 sources from all 50 states. While this search exceeds minimum federal requirements, it offers full coverage for a high-level risk management policy.
Search sources include:
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Other state and federal agencies
- Other trained medical staff
- Students in clinical placement. See our Student Requirement Management Solution ›
Search turnaround time:
Q: Why are there different levels of the FACIS® search?
A: The 3 levels define how in-depth the search is. Even Level 1 meets minimum requirements outlined by the OIG’s Compliance Program Guidelines. Any level above that only offers you additional risk management and insight into your candidate or employee.
Q: What is the benefit of including the FACIS® search in my background check package? Can’t I just do individual OIG and GSA searches?
A: The Level 3 FACIS® search includes over 800 sources from all 50 states, a feature not available with OIG and GSA searches. For new hires, the FACIS® search (even Level 1) is a good value if you plan on conducting the GSA and OIG searches. But for update reports for existing employees, conducting the minimally required OIG search may be a better value.