No background check is complete without a National Criminal Database search. Tracking residential and employment history isn’t always enough to find widespread crimes. This search fills in the gaps with its nationwide scope, and provides a broad view of your candidate’s criminal history.
A National Criminal Database search draws from over 505 million records from thousands of jurisdictions, including databases with terrorist and sex offender information.
With a national criminal search you can:
- Identify criminal records across thousands of sources nationwide
- Search beyond states and counties where a candidate has worked, lived or attended school
National criminal search sources include, but are not limited to:
- Criminal records from state record repositories and some county and township courts
- Departments of correction and probation
- Sex offender registries from all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Guam
- Information from state-level agencies, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the FBI
- Local, state and federal fugitive lists
Search turnaround time: 2 to 3 business days
When a record is returned, we automatically confirm its accuracy with the originating source at the county or state courthouse. This is done in compliance with section 606 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), to ensure you receive the most complete, accurate information.
This search is only available in conjunction with additional county and state-wide searches.
County Criminal History Search ›
State Criminal History Search ›
Federal Criminal History Search ›
Ready to order a National Criminal Database search? Get Started ›